search for something previously posted on a spoonful of

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Winter (still)

I've always admired them, and wished I knew how to make them - or where to buy them. It was a long lost love until a few days ago; the turban headscarf/band.

Now, all of these are good examples of what I love. The problem is I just don't know where to get them.
I like to think that genius struck the other day when tying a headscarf. Miraculously, I tied a turban headscarf. I'm not going to pretend that I am a pro at it, or that my headscarfs look half as good as these ones, but I was pretty proud so I thought I'd share.

First I started with a square scarf, which I folded so it was just like a long one, so I guess you could use one of those too :)
Then I tied the scarf in the middle of my head, front and centre.
Next step was to twist the scarf the opposite way from the knot, so that the knot/tie/bulge thing at the front is bigger.
Next, tie a knot at the nape of your neck and tuck it away if you wish and you are ready to go.
Hope you enjoy, Tish xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment