search for something previously posted on a spoonful of

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Autumn - cold toes

Why hello there!
Do I have much to show you! First of course, the news you probably haven't been waiting for, my dress (another...) This is the dress I spoke about on February 19th, made by a couple of our school friends, whose other works include Kiara's birthday dress.



The other 2 are some other dresses I have recently acquired, both from op-shops i might add. South Melbourne Op-Shop actually. Best. Op-Shop. Ever. I'm totally volunteering there just to get my mits on the stuff first.

Next. Something that caught my eye. And something to note to budding fashionista's, keep your little eye open. Figuring out what you love, and what suits you, is not only trial and error, but perception. Look at other people who you think look good and figure out why; hey! If you're bold, go up ad ask them where they got it, they'll be more than happy to show off their knowledge.
But, back on the topic, here's the stunner that caught my eye.

I just think it's stunning. The stand out red against the soft, feminine and light filled background. Notice her mesh-like, lace dotted shirt, and her simple and easy hair.
Now I am no fan of red lipstick, or red in general. It's just not my thing. But this is stunning.

In another look at things oh-so-cool. Mustangs. Ever since I saw The Princess Diaries when I was 8, I have dreamed of having a Mustang. They're like the car version of the retro bike.


Are they effortlessly cool. Yes.

And now. I mjust confess. On The holidays... I went to TASMANIA. Please oh please don't hold it against me. I worked it in your favour.
We all know that Melbourne is Australia's fashion capital. No contest. But, as I froze, I looked around and realised that this race of Tasmanians have totally got looking good in the cold thing totally sorted.
I was unable to get photo's of the two girls in particular I noticed on a river cruise in Strahan,(when it was about 10 degrees) but I will do my best to describe them with the help of Google images.
The first girl was in her early twenties. She wore a tweed jacket:

(Please excuse this womens shiny neck)
And a purple, blue and green paisley scarf with her jeans.

The second was probably about 6. She was gorgeous. She had strawberry blonde hair, with a pink ribbon at the end of a plait around her fore-head. The ribbon almost perfectly matched her dress, which she was also wearing under a tweed coat with small highlights of pink also.
She had little mary-janes and high pastel pink socks.

And yet, it wasn't a pink overload. Go little girl.

Meanwhile, I was a complete amateur in the field.

So congrats Tasmanians.

Love you always, Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment