search for something previously posted on a spoonful of

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Summer - Aussie Aussie Aussie...

Yes, I know today is not Wednesday. But.

Yesterday's Hottest 100 Countdown actually went for, like, 10 hours. I must admit I wasn't expecting it -  if I'd know I would have multi tasked.

But, yesterdays annual celebration of the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788 and the proclamation at that time of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of New Holland gives me something to post about.
Not many people know this, but I have never met someone as ... well, willing to wear the flag as the superbly dressed, but underlying bogan Ruby Cox. I can't say I've ever been a fan of the fashion, but on days like yesterday, I'm... er... willing to compromise.



The same day this was taken I also took a photo in this gorgeous shop, and learnt a valuable lesson, always ask the shop owner's permission. But it is nearly worth the fantasticness of it, right? This gem is situated on Flinders Ln, the last side street off Swanston before Flinders.





Finally congratulations Angus & Julia Stone, hearing Big Jet Plane at 9 o'clock, kind of made the 10 hours worth it.
See you on the weekend,
Love Bella xxxx

PS there is a chance we may be altering the schedule, but as it seems to be working, it's defiantly not disappearing! Oh! And the lovely Tish's absence has been due to the pre-braces process, but I spoke to her on Monday, and she assures me she's working on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment