search for something previously posted on a spoonful of

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Autumn - Inspirational Words

“Some people have commented that they don't relate to the runways shots that I have posted on the blog during fashion week. They say they can't afford the clothes or the looks don't relate to their everyday lives.
I understand these comments but I challenge you to try and look at these runway shots in a new way.
Fendi, for example, was really about fantastic color combinations. Even if you didn't like the clothes you can focus on the color schemes. These suggestions of color can be used whether shopping Fendi, or Zara, or vintage.
Maybe another collection - like Yohji - would be all about proportion and texture. Wearing all black is difficult but new ideas in mixing shape and fabric textures can be invaluable in keeping a monotone wardrobe fresh.
Dries and Gaultier's strength's have always been their great ability to mix genres and cultural symbols. I love the idea of Tibetan Fireman.
All I'm saying is don't let the lack of funds keep you from having fun with fashion.”
                                                                                                                           -- The Sartorialist.

When was I saying this? Last post was when. Gosh darn it (I'm such a Catholic, it kills me a little inside)
 
Love you me time girls,
Love Bella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment